From: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Dieter KlÃnter
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 3:47 AM
To: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: ADDING OBJECT CLASS

Am Thu, 19 Dec 2013 16:39:10 -0500
schrieb "Borresen, John - 0442 - MITLL" <John.Borresen@ll.mit.edu>:

> For my Users, currently utilizing the following:
>
> ObjectClass:       account (structural)
> objectClass:        posixAccount (auxiliary)
> objectClass:        pwdPolicy (auxiliary)
> objectClass:        shadowAccount (auxiliary)
> objectClass:        top (abstract)
> cn:
> gidNumber:
> homeDirectory:
> pwdAttribute:
> uid:
> uidNumber:
> gecos:
> loginShell:
> pwdAllowUserChange:
> pwdMinLength:
> pwdMustChange:
> shadowLastChange:
> userPassword:
>
> I would like to add and objectClass(es) so that I can add,
> emailAddress, employee number.  Can someone refresh my memory on what
> I need (objectClasses)?

The account object class is for computer accounts only, not for user accounts, that's why this object class only provides a limited set of information (the cosine.schema provides some more information).
In order to describe user accounts you should use object class person or any children of this class, like organizationalPerson or inetOrgPerson.
If you have to stick to account object class you should define and create an auxiliary class to your requirements.

-Dieter

--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung
http://dkluenter.de