Re: TLS Configurations with OpenLDAP-2.4.23 on CentOS-6.2 --- Low Sensitivity/Aerospace Internal Use Only

--On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:09 AM -0500 Warron S French <Warron.S.French@aero.org> wrote:

Low Sensitivity/Aerospace Internal Use Only

Hello, I need help figuring out why I can't get CentOS-6.2 machines to
authenticate against my OpenLDAP implementation where user and group
entries are stored.

a) The 6.2 release of RHEL/CentOS had serious kernel issues. I strongly advise you update to 6.5.

b) The RHEL/CentOS build of OpenLDAP is fundamentally flawed and broken, don't use it. Symas (http://www.symas.com) or the LTB project (<http://ltb-project.org/wiki/download#openldap>) have working OpenLDAP builds for RHEL/CentOS available.

c) Use to learn the ldap* tools for debugging. Your best bet would be to start with ldapwhoami, once you fix (a) and (b)

Architect - Server
Zimbra, Inc.