Re: deploy monitor backend while existing DB in the root namespace

--On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 1:01 PM +0100 GALAMBOS Daniel <dancsa@dancsa.hu> wrote:

Hi,

My task was to configure our existing openldap (debian wheezy
2.4.31-1+nmu2) to use use monitor backend. The main problem is that our
(BDB backed) database has empty suffix (for historical reason).

Bad idea to use the horribly broken and out of date Debian package.

If the monitor defined later under the /etc/ldap/slapd.d then the BDB,
slapd fails to start, because BDB database would hide the monitor.

I use "", and monitor, have for years, and it works just fine.

You can see my cn=config configuration here:

<https://github.com/Zimbra-Community/zimbra-sources/tree/master/main/ZimbraServer/conf/ldap/config/cn%3Dconfig>

A colleague is concerned about the performance loss because of the
monitor backend. Does monitor use significant resources in a heavily
used slapd?

No.

Architect - Server
Zimbra, Inc.