Re: Design for large openldap deployments

Hi,

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013, Dieter KlÃnter wrote:
Am Sat, 14 Dec 2013 11:31:09 +0100 (CET)
schrieb Christian Kratzer <ck-lists@cksoft.de>:

Hi,

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013, Dieter KlÃnter wrote:
Michael is quite correct in his comments regarding slapo_policy,
but in priciple i have realised this design in a cascading
directory with more than 100 slaves.

read only slaves or slaves with full write access ?

The latter is the thing I need and the thing I am concerned about.

read, and write operations by chaining.

chaining seems to block on a global lock for olcConnectionTimeout when connectivity
to the referral servers is lost.  This took down the customers slaves with chaining
when a network issue separated the slaves from the masters.

See my other post about a week ago.

I would need at least one or at best two masters servers per site as a target for chaining to cater for network partitions.

An option would be to fix the chaining issues.

Thinking about my options I wanted to explore the other option of having the clients
on MMR masters.  Also those MMR masters would not be fully meshed with the other sites.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck@cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2