Re: ldapsearch limit of 500 entries

On 14/12/2013 1:05 ÎÎ, Michael StrÃder wrote:

AFAICT slapd.conf will at least be available in all OpenLDAP releases 2.4.x.
Maybe even in 2.5 if I understood Howard correctly at LDAPcon 2013.

There*are*  very good reasons to use slapd.conf - especially when beginning to
develop your slapd configuration and you want to remove things and start over
from scratch. We can see on this list that it's very hard for beginners to
start with cn=config.

Also I'm very much in favour of using slapd.conf with config management
systems like puppet or similar and version control of config files.

+1

...esp. since cn=config still does not support important features admins need: deletions / comments (and probably more I can't remember right now).

We do use both config methods and -at least for us- the classic one is definitely much more admin-friendly!

Best regards,
Nick