Re: Design for large openldap deployments

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013, Michael StrÃder wrote:
On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 18:40:02 +0100 (CET) Christian Kratzer <ck-lists@cksoft.de>
wrote
- Allow writes to those edge sites for the purpososes of slapo_ppolicy,
   slapo_lastbind and password changes.

Note that with OpenLDAP operational attributes set by slapo-ppolicy and
slapo-lastbind are not replicated anyway (with some exceptions like
pwdChangedTime).

For slapo-ppoolicy I do see pwdFailureTime, pwdAccountLockedTime,
pwdChangedTime being replicated which is enough for my use case.

For slapo-lastbind pwdAuthTimestamp is not replicated by default.
I have local patches from (ITS#7721) to also replicate authTimestamp.

I am planning on setting olcLastBindPrecision to a large value of 8 hours
or more which is also more than enough for the customers requirement of
finding users who have not logged in for 6 months.

I am thinking about having MMR write access upto the edges where I would
usually have read only slaves in order to have above attributes propagete.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck@cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2