Design for large openldap deployments

Hi,

I have been thinking about a scalable multi site deployment architecture for
openldap where I would like to:

- Have a small number of master servers centrally in the enterprise with MMR.

- All account provisioning would be at the central sites.

- Have multiple edge sites replicate of those masters in a star toplogy with MMR.

- Allow writes to those edge sites for the purpososes of slapo_ppolicy,
  slapo_lastbind and password changes.

I would like to avoid fully meshing all servers for MMR and would prefer
a star topology where each edge site only replicates with the central site.

I would also like to avoid chaining. See my previous posts why.

Before I set this up in my lab I would like a second opinion. The customer
is asking for best practice in large deployments.

Any comments ?

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck@cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2