Re: Upgrading from Ubuntu-packaged 2.4.28 to self-built 2.4.38

> If I copy the slapd.d directory from /etc/ldap (where Ubuntu stored
> it) into /usr/local/etc/ldap, my problem then is that (a) the
> configuration is still pointing at various Ubuntu locations but,
> worse, (b) trying to use slapadd reports this error:
>
> lt_dlopenext failed: (back_hdb) file not found
>
> All of the various bits of code seem to be in /usr/local/libexec/ldap
> so I suspect a path or something needs to be set/adjusted ...

Solved it ... back_hdb is being loaded by cn=module{0}.ldif:

dn: cn=module{0}
objectClass: olcModuleList
cn: module{0}
olcModulePath: /usr/lib/ldap
olcModuleLoad: {0}back_hdb

olcModulePath, if defined, is referenced INSTEAD OF any environment
variables like PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

/usr/lib/ldap is the Ubuntu path. The new location is
/usr/local/libexec/ldap. Since I can't edit the ldif file, I put in a
symbolic link.

Regards

Philip