Re: Recovering from a Single-Node downtime in a Multi-Master Setup

--On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:58 PM +0100 Aleksander DzierÅanowski <olo@e-lista.pl> wrote:

Will replication manage to bring recovered master up-to-date based on
slapadd from output of slapcat from *any* of other masters? Or more
proper way is to restore last backup of configuration and database and
let replication do the rest? Of course preventing clients to contact LDAP
server until replication finishes is a must in such a situation.

I have always just slapcat'd one of the other masters if I lost a master so it would have a much more current snapshot after reload.

Architect - Server
Zimbra, Inc.