Re: Max length allowed for a password

Rob Tanner wrote:
Hi,

We are looking at extending the allowed length of passwords we allow people to
use (the theory being that a short phrase is easier to remember than a
shorter, but arbitrary string of characters).  But since we use our ldap
server for authentication to a whole host of online tools, including several
portals, I need to know the max length of the source password when doing a bind.

There are no maximum lengths in LDAP. Limits imposed by other applications depend on the particular application.

Thanks,
Rob

*Rob Tanner*
UNIX Services Manager
Linfield College, McMinnville Oregon

*ITS will never ask you for your password.  Please don’t share yours with anyone!
*

--
  -- Howard Chu