Re: OPENLDAP HANGS DAILY

On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 02:36:07PM -0500, Borresen, John - 0442 - MITLL wrote:
> This was built from source, the OS flavor is 5.9 (originally built on 5.7).  The rpm versions were/are too old.

In that light, this thing...

   Dec  5 00:00:02 server_name slapcat: unable to dlopen
   /usr/lib/sasl2/libplain.so.2: /usr/lib/sasl2/libplain.so.2: wrong ELF
   class: ELFCLASS32

...sounds vaguely like something changed on the underlying system in between compilation and now. The answer is probably still to upgrade, which will involve a recompile against what's on the system now anyway.

Googling that specific error message may be enlightening ("wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32").