Re: Ldap simple bind problems on slaves during network outage (chaining)

Christian Kratzer wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Dec 2013, Christian Kratzer wrote:
>> we are currently chasing a strange issue at a customers site where the ldap
>> slaves become unresponsive when network connectivity to master ldaps and dns
>> servers is lost.
>>
>> They have a setup of two masters and two slaves at separate sites.  There is
>> a load balancer sitting in front of the slaves that performs regular health
>> checks consisting of binds followed by a search of their binddn.
>

> It seems that this is due to ldap chaining from slave to master running
> without a timeout and eventually blocking all of slapd.

That was my first idea remembering your former info about your setup.

> We use referrals and chaining for slapo-ppolicy and slapo-lastbind (with
> replication patch from ITS#7721).

You have been warned. ;-)

No, I don't have a good suggestion other than to avoid chaining write
operations by slapo-ppolicy and slapo-lastbind.

Ciao, Michael.