Re: Password Issues between provider and consumer

Choure, Sidd wrote:
Here is the version info -
slapd -V
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.23 (Apr 22 2013 05:03:41) $
	mockbuild@x86-007.build.bos.redhat.com:/builddir/build/BUILD/openldap-2.4.
23/openldap-2.4.23/build-servers/servers/slapd.

There are few practical implementation documents for the new cn=config
version of openldap and the ones available all use the bdb database.

Examples use whatever was convenient for the document author at the time. They're obviously not the only choice, nor are they necessarily the best or recommended choice. Learn to think for yourself instead of blindly copy/pasting other peoples' examples.

The back-bdb code is not particularly *old*, contrary to what Quanah implied. But BerkeleyDB is definitely *obsolete*, and with the license change in 6.0.20, it is no longer legal for use in open source LDAP servers. (But given its obsolescence, the license issue is somewhat irrelevant.)

What
can I do about this password issue? Am I missing come ACL or option that
needs to be added?

Siddharth Choure
Senior Systems Engineer

--