From: Michael Ströder [michael@stroeder.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:21 PM
To: Arun Sasi V (WI01 - GIS - ENU); openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: fwd field

arun.sasi1@wipro.com wrote:
> I have a mail server which is authenticating with OPenLDAP; when I set mail
> forwarding option I get the below error code
> LDAP Error Code - 17 - Undefined attribute type

We can't know since we don't know your mail server. ;-)
Which mail server are you using? Do you use an add-on for this particular feature?

You should probably see the modify request in slapd's log which also mentions
the attributes to be modified. That might give a clue.

If you're using a commercial mail server then ask the vendor for a possibly
proprietary schema.

Ciao, Michael.

www.wipro.com