[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Slapd sometimes stucks: slapd shutdown: waiting for N operations/tasks to finish
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Slapd sometimes stucks: slapd shutdown: waiting for N operations/tasks to finish
- From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 11:11:22 -0800
- Content-disposition: inline
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.8.4 edge02-zcs.vmware.com 8D572C73
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=zimbra.com; s=C2AA288C-EE47-11E2-9BB0-E820BDD9BDBF; t=1384888271; bh=aU2FIiU9pV2eZCOvprWxtmqJrlgXewIqdBC8g5Goz3g=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type: Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=YPcpGCo7pnwbkDwGODsSiFvFPMpdwciy2X5x0N3o5S099MlIFiCLhOtq0m+HBIJZP O+BFZZ1bO15L8CfxNF4FI0MUg3rfDrmzGdrVAsCXEF+xQ4xzs/j68SR0hD0tz8w8tk KT1qnEveUdM4guA3p4v0bYKrA94Xh3l0oOcv5QPw=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
--On November 19, 2013 at 8:20:57 PM +0200 ÐÐÐÐÑÐÐÐÐÐÐ
ÐÐÑÑÐÐ <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
In our 1 Master - several slaves environment master slapd sometimes
stucks in such condition that it takes minutes to get replay to simple
queries with no visible resource consumption on both: the slapd process
itself and the linux it is running on.
Restarting slapd helps for several days. Today I have not been able to
restart it without kill -9 because of:
slapd shutdown: waiting for 12 operations/tasks to finish
Waited 5 minutes with no luck, kill -9, start.
OS: Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
I'm Ok with "try latest version", but it would be nice to have some
pointers (maybe bug in this version or error in configuration).
I would definitely say upgrade to 2.4.38. One thing that particularly
stands out from the Changes file:
OpenLDAP 2.4.32 Release (2012/07/31)
Fixed slapd-bdb/hdb cache hang under high load (ITS#7222)
Generally, I would suggest getting a full gdb backtrace and looking at the
output of db_stat -C A and db_stat -c when it is in this state, if it
occurs again after running a current release.
Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration