Antw: RE: Replication fails after network outage

Nachricht <58534BED9C430B31FE4F6B5E@[192.168.1.93]>:
> --On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:02 PM -0500 "Darouichi, Aziz"
> <adarouic@post03.curry.edu> wrote:
>
>> Is it necessary to upgrade? I have to take my case to Management...!!!!
>
> Well, that depends.  Do you want syncrepl to work, or do you want it to not
> work?  I strongly advise you to read the changelog for OpenLDAP so you can
> see the numerous fixes to syncrepl replication since 2.4.23 was released.

Let me comment that I run a multi-master configuration with openldap2-2.4.26-0.16.1 (SLES11 SP2) sucessfully. I haven tested network outages, but I restarted individual servers, and there were no problems.
For the update: I contacted support, and they told me I'll have to demonstrate them how many $$ we would gain by using a later version. At that point I stopped arguing.

olcSyncrepl: {0}rid=1 provider="ldap://server.de/";
  searchbase="cn=config" type="refreshAndPersist" retry="120 +" starttls=critical tls_reqcert=demand bindmethod="simple"   binddn="uid=syncrepl,ou=system,dc=server,dc=de" credentials="youdontexpectittobehere,right?"

Regards,
Ulrich