RE: OpenLDAP on CF disk

I was talking about the slapd.conf shm-key param.

-----Original Message-----
From: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of richard lucassen
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 10:32 AM
To: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Cc: Christian Kratzer
Subject: Re: OpenLDAP on CF disk

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 10:14:14 +0100 (CET)
Christian Kratzer <ck-lists@cksoft.de> wrote:

> > What happens if I symlink these files to a RAMDISK? And what happens
> > after a reboot or power outage? Do I get a corrupted database?
>
> as others have said before configuring a shm_id would prevent those
> files from being generated in the first place as berkeley db locks,
> cache and such would then be in sys v shared memory and not in file
> backed shared memory.

Yes, but this is an old version (2008), there is no cn=config directory.
AFAIK there is no way to set the olcDbShmKey. Or am I missing something somewhere?

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |