Re: OpenLDAP on CF disk

Hi,

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013, richard lucassen wrote:

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 10:14:14 +0100 (CET)
Christian Kratzer <ck-lists@cksoft.de> wrote:

What happens if I symlink these files to a RAMDISK? And what happens
after a reboot or power outage? Do I get a corrupted database?

as others have said before configuring a shm_id would prevent those
files from being generated in the first place as berkeley db locks,
cache and such would then be in sys v shared memory and not in file
backed shared memory.

Yes, but this is an old version (2008), there is no cn=config directory.
AFAIK there is no way to set the olcDbShmKey. Or am I missing something
somewhere?

set following in slapd.conf

  shm_key         100

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck@cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2