Re: Reseting content/database/schema

On 13-11-07 07:20 AM, Merve Temizer wrote:
> Code:
> sudo apt-get install slapd ldap-utils
> tried to
> Code:
> sudo ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f backend2.example.com.ldif
> still getting 80 error, which means, according to my restricted
> knowledge, ldap already has modules and cn s in ldif file.

Probably the package has set up a default configuration and database
skeleton. Use ldapsearch or slapcat to review it and adjust your LDIF
appropriately. Or stop the daemon, remove the default configuration from
/etc/ldap/slapd.d and data from /var/lib/ldap, and slapadd yours.

You can preseed the slapd/no_configuration Debconf question to avoid it
setting up the default configuration. The installation will fail when it
tries to start the daemon, since there's no configuration present; then
you slapadd your own and run dpkg --configure -a to complete the
installation.

--
Ryan Tandy - Programmer/Analyst           rtandy@sd63.bc.ca
School District 63 (Saanich)                +1 250 652 7385