slapd appears to incorrectly report an object class violation when renaming an entry

I am running 2.4.36 in my sandbox environment and have recently found myself needing to rename some entries in my directory.  Slapd is reporting an object class violation when attempting to rename the entries even though all required attributes are present on the entry.  I have a sample ldif that reproduces this problem.

dn: cn=testuser,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com

changetype: add

objectClass: top

objectClass: person

objectClass: organizationalPerson

objectClass: inetOrgPerson

cn: testuser

uid: testuser

sn: surname

dn: cn=testuser,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com

changetype: modrdn

newrdn: uid=testuser

deleteoldrdn: 1

newsuperior: ou=users,dc=example,dc=com

When I run this ldif using ldapmodify this is the result I get back.

adding new entry "cn=testuser,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com"

modifying rdn of entry "cn=testuser,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com"

ldap_rename: Object class violation (65)

        additional info: object class 'inetOrgPerson' requires attribute 'cn'

As you can see from the ldif the cn attribute is clearly present.  I am assuming this is a bug and needs reported but wanted to review it with the list members before I submitted the ITS entry.

-Jon C. Kidder

American Electric Power

Middleware Services

Email: jckidder@aep.com