substring matching rule not working in extensible search filter

Hi everybody,

I tryied this filter in a ldapsearch operation:
(&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(description:2.5.13.7:=*abcd))

but this results in a "Bad search filter (-7)".

However if I write this without the joker it works:
(&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(description:2.5.13.7:=abcd))

I don't see any restriction on matching rule extensible notation in RFC
4515 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4515). Is this syntax not
implemented in OpenLDAP, or did I make a mistake in my filter ?

Thank you in advance,

DC