Re: invalid value for attributeType objectClass

On 10/31/2013 01:05 PM, limpteam@gmail.com wrote:
Hello community!

Have a Centos 6.4 server with new openldap  2.4.23-32.el6_4.1 installled.

It is generally advisable to update to the latest version which currently is 2.4.36. You can use the RPMs/repo from:
http://ltb-project.org/

I'm new to ldap and just install it and configure for easy use.
I  edit only than 2 files olcDatabase={0}config.ldif  and
olcDatabase={2}bdb.ldif

If you upgrade to 2.4.36 you may want to consider switching from BDB to MDB.

It's starts, I worked with it, add some OU and CN via phpLdapAdmin and
tested it on Thunderbird.

But after I decide to restart slapd i got error:

PROXIED attributeDescription "DC" inserted.
str2entry: invalid value for attributeType objectClass #0 (syntax
1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.38)
slaptest: bad configuration file!

I have no idea what that means but for the more knowledgable people on this list to be able to help you show them what you exactly did. Show the logs and the ldifs and commands you used.

and didn't start.

it's problem with ppolicy and pwdAttribute? How can i solve this?

Thanks for answer!

P.S. Google can't help me or I just don't understand the whole theory.

If you are new to LDAP/OpenLDAP then it probably helps to read a book like 'LDAP System Adminstration' or 'Mastering OpenLDAP: Configuring, Securing and Integrating Directory Services' or 'Understanding and Deploying LDAP Directory Services'. And always read the OpenLDAP Admin Guide and the openldap man pages.

Regards,
Patrick