Re: limit on number of members in groupOfNames

Dorit Eitan wrote:
Hello,
I am using openldap 2.4.23-32, on a rhel6 machine.  I am trying to form groups
with many members.  I encountered a problem that when I try to form a group
with over 670 members, it fails with a message:

Unknown error - 80.

My group is of the following object classes:

objectClass: top
objectClass: groupOfNames

I have searched and found no documentation on the limit of group members
number.  What am I doing wrong?

There is no coded limit on number of group numbers, therefore there is nothing to document. You need to see what the actual error message was that slapd logged. Most likely you've run out of BDB locks or some other BDB config needs to be increased.

--
  -- Howard Chu