Antw: Re: slapd deferring operation?

Nachricht <CEA0CF9EDD294375E2A2FEED@[192.168.1.93]>:
> --On Sunday, October 27, 2013 6:08 PM +0100 Aleksander DzierÅanowski
> <olo@e-lista.pl> wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm trying to migrate small other vendor LDAP server to OpenLDAP.
>>
>> I've created test environment with 3 multimaster OpenLDAP instances -
>> version 2.4.36. Below is some strange behavior of slapd while I was
>> adding few hunderd of accounts from ldif file using âldapadd' command
>> from remote host.
>>
>> [â]
>> conn=1015 op=440 ADD dn=âuid=XXX,ou=People,ou=developers,o=test"
>> conn=1015 op=440 RESULT tag=105 err=0 text=
>> connection_input: conn=1015 deferring operation: too many executing
>> conn=1015 op=441 ADD dn=âuid=YYY,ou=People,ou=developers,o=test"
>> conn=1015 op=441 RESULT tag=105 err=0 text=

Hi!

Considering that the message is somewhat confusing, I can think of two
improvements:

1) Quantify "too many", i.e.: if there is a numeric limit, sell the user about
it. Especially useful if the limit is configurable
2) If you send an extra log message if an operation is deferred, also send one
if the operation is finally processed, revealing the extra delay

With 1) and 2) I guess the user woundn't have been confused that much.

Despite of this, I always wondered what useful information I could get from
the monitor database...

Regards,
Ulrich