RE: mysterious glue record with empty dn

Evidently not. While the overlay was eventually configured on all of the
servers, in order to avoid a service outage it was not done at exactly the
same time on all of them. In hindsight, with the knowledge that contrary to
the documentation the attribute was replicated, it would've been better to
update the configuration on the slaves first, then the active master,
whereas I updated configuration on a master first, resulting in an invalid
attribute being replicated to the slaves.

This caused the creation of the glue record? What was being glued together?
Or did the glue record serve some other purpose in this instance than the
one that I found documented?

Thanks.