slapcat backup with empty DNs

Dear all,

The problem I'm having is simple, although I didn't find much
eplanations for it, once I try to backup the database with :

slapcat -v -l ldap-backup5.ldif

It works nicely, except that _all_ entries have :

dn:
structuralObjectClass: organizationalUnit

dn:
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager

dn:
structuralObjectClass: inetOrgPerson
entryUUID: e8ef2300-f04c-10fb-9b02-a54a91b9c30b

(empty DNs)

Although the information is still there, if I ldapsearch one of the
entities it comes easily :

ldapsearch  -x -LLL '(uid=samir)'
dn: cn=Samir Cury,ou=abc,ou=def,dc=org,dc=edu
cn: Samir Cury Siqueira
objectClass: inetOrgPerson

is this problem obvious to any of you?

The only similar case I found in the history was
:http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201201/msg00160.html
Which doesn't have a clear outcome.

Any hint on where to look at?

Thanks,
Samir

==== Aditional information - just in case ====
My setup is a 1 Master 1 Slave of slapd 2.3.43. Relevant information
is that after the master's hardware died, few days later the slave
started to misbehave and probably got the DB corrupted.
slapd_db_recover seems to have fixed it as now it is working just
fine, log messages from before the error / recovery :

#slapcat -v -l ldap-backup.ldif
bdb_db_open: unclean shutdown detected; attempting recovery.
bdb_db_open: Recovery skipped in read-only mode. Run manual recovery
if errors are encountered.

#slapd_db_recover -v -h /var/lib/ldap
Finding last valid log LSN: file: 2 offset 6078834
Recovery starting from [2][6065934]
Recovery complete at Wed Oct  9 16:42:55 2013
Maximum transaction ID 8000c207 Recovery checkpoint [2][6091589]

 -- slapcat now has no warnings/errors --

I suspect slightly of this as I've read that corrupted databases can
cause such effects, but the ldapsearch with full DNs makes me think
that it didn't happen.

==== / Aditional information ====