Re: slapo-lastbind and chaining

Christian Kratzer wrote:
> it seems this has been asked before but I am not sure of the conclusion:
>
>   http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201211/msg00078.html
>
> I have setup setup with slapo-lastbind configured on some slaves that
> have a working chaining configuration to the masters.
>
> It seems that the authTimestmap attribute from slapo-lastbind is not
> getting replicated.
>
>> From looking at the source code for lastbind it seems we would need
> to implement something similar to olcPPolicyForwardUpdates from
> ppolicy.c
>
> If none of the gurus here don't object the code looks clean enough
> that I would attempt to port forwarding of updates from slapo-ppolicy
> to slapo-lastbind.  ( olcLastbindForwardUpdates )

I don't want to keep you away from contributing this but you should be aware
of two issues:

1. You have much higher load because of the chaining to a provider and
subsequent replication to the consumers.

2. If the provider is down slapo-ppolicy does *not* write any ppolicy
attributes at all.

Ciao, Michael.