Re: Antw: Migrating to new production servers via syncrepl

--On Wednesday, October 02, 2013 1:51 PM +0200 Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

"samuli.seppanen@gmail.com" <samuli.seppanen@gmail.com> schrieb am
02.10.2013
um 12:25 in Nachricht <524BF485.1040509@gmail.com>:
Hi,

I'm phasing out two OpenLDAP production servers[1] in a master-master
configuration. The production servers can't afford more than a few mins
of downtime, so migrating using slapcat/slapadd is out of the question.
So, what I'm ending up doing is migrating using syncrepl. Here's the
plan, with arrows pointing from the provider to the consumer:

old1 <-> old2 -> new1 -> new2

I'd like to know a procedure to add a new node for multi-master-sync to an
existing configuration, assuming the master is so big and busy that a
consistent slapcat is not possible. Or are slapcats always consistent
(read-locked)?

If you get on 2.4.36, it should be read consistent.

Architect - Server
Zimbra Software, LLC