Re: Openldap server with TLS not working

btb wrote:
> On 2013.10.03 12.13, Michael Ströder wrote:
>> "Although there is no technical specification for ldaps:// it is widely used."
>
> sorry, i'm not sure what you're getting at.  i've already clearly stated
> exactly that, as is clearly seen below.

The point is that everybody should also configure ldaps:// to provide the
service for a wide range of implementations which are not capable to do
StartTLS ext.op.

And therefore it's pure nonsense to babble about LDAPS being deprecated and
people should not configure it.

> you're welcome to find ldaps more secure than starttls.  plenty of others don't.

So I'm very curious whether you have a single argument why not.
Again: With StartTLS ext.op. it's more likely that a misconfigured client
sends a clear-text password in a clear-text LDAP PDU and thinks everything works.

Ciao, Michael.