Re: Log level will not change.

 Howard,

This is actually a format that I have use on other ldif's and they work.  I
did follow you advice on the slapd.conf and got pas the errors and hit
another snag to discover that after following instructions on createing a
build and installing with no errors that openLdap still wsa showing as
installed.  So I have started going back over those instructions from the
install file as well as the 2.4 admin documentation that is out of date.
The slapd.conf man pages on the server don't even list mdb as an attribute
for the database.  So reading documentation that has not been updated isn't
always that helpful.

This is my first go at openLDAP and I am sorry that I might waste some of
your time, but the last book that written on this software that I can find
was written 7 years when some of the now deprecated features were just in
the planning stages.

Thank you for our help.
Eric Speake
Web Systems Administrator