Re: Unknown db in slapd.conf

From:	Christian Kratzer <ck-lists@cksoft.de>
To:	espeake@oreillyauto.com
Cc:	Dieter Klünter <dieter@dkluenter.de>,
            openldap-technical-bounces@openldap.org,
            openldap-technical@openldap.org
Date:	10/03/2013 08:37 AM
Subject:	Re: Unknown db in slapd.conf

Hi,

On Thu, 3 Oct 2013, espeake@oreillyauto.com wrote:

> Yes I must have hit something when I typing and pasting.  Here is the
> latest.
>
> 524c6c74 line 66 (database      mdb)
> Unrecognized database type (mdb)
> 524c6c74 /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 66: <database> failed
> init (mdb)
> slaptest: bad configuration file!

it would help slightly if you could be bothered in pasting your entire
configuration file (without secrets) pastebin or something similar.

Greetings
Christian

Here is the slapd.conf file:
#
# See slapd.conf(5) for details on configuration options.
# This file should NOT be world readable.
#
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/oreilly.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/ppolicy.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/dyngroup.schema

# Define global ACLs to disable default read access.

# Do not enable referrals until AFTER you have a working directory
# service AND an understanding of referrals.
#referral       ldap://root.openldap.org

pidfile         /usr/local/var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile        /usr/local/var/run/slapd.args

threads         8

loglevel        256

# Load dynamic backend modules:
 modulepath     /usr/local/libexec/openldap/
 moduleload     back_mdb.la
 moduleload     back_ldap.la
 moduleload     back_hdb.la

# Sample security restrictions
#       Require integrity protection (prevent hijacking)
#       Require 112-bit (3DES or better) encryption for updates
#       Require 63-bit encryption for simple bind
# security ssf=1 update_ssf=112 simple_bind=64

include /usr/local/etc/openldap/acl.conf

# Sample access control policy:
#       Root DSE: allow anyone to read it
#       Subschema (sub)entry DSE: allow anyone to read it
#       Other DSEs:
#               Allow self write access
#               Allow authenticated users read access
#               Allow anonymous users to authenticate
#       Directives needed to implement policy:
# access to dn.base="" by * read
# access to dn.base="cn=Subschema" by * read
# access to *
#       by self write
#       by users read
#       by anonymous auth
#
# if no access controls are present, the default policy
# allows anyone and everyone to read anything but restricts
# updates to rootdn.  (e.g., "access to * by * read")
#
# rootdn can always read and write EVERYTHING!

# MDB database definitions

database        mdb
suffix          "dc=oreillyauto,dc=com"
security        ssf=0
rootdn          "uid=admin,dc=oreillyauto,dc=com"
rootpw          <password>
# The database directory MUST exist prior to running slapd AND
# should only be accessible by the slapd and slap tools.
# Mode 700 recommended.
directory       /var/lib/ldap
# Indices to maintain
objectClass,uid,position,employeeNumber,counterNumber,oreillyGroup,locationEntry,uniqueMember,ou,cn,businessCategory,locationNumber,functionListing,manager
 pres,eq
index           title,givenName,sn,nickName pres,eq,sub

lastmod         on

checkpoint      512 30

#overlay accesslog
logdb           cn=log
logops          all
logold          (objectclass=oreillyOrgPerson)
logpurge        7+00:00 2+00:00
logsuccess      TRUE

backend         mdb

Thanks,
Eric

> Eric Speake
> Web Systems Administrator
> O'Reilly Auto Parts
>

> From:		 Dieter Klünter <dieter@dkluenter.de>
> To:		 openldap-technical@openldap.org
> Date:		 10/03/2013 03:41 AM
> Subject:		 Re: Unknown db in slapd.conf
> Sent by:		 openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org
>

> Am Wed, 2 Oct 2013 13:41:07 -0500
> schrieb espeake@oreillyauto.com:
>

>> I have a brand new Ubuntu-12.04 server with a brand new build of
>> openldap 2.4.36 on it and I am try to set it up for MMR with mdb.  I
>> get the following error when I try slapadd my config.
>>
>> 524c62f1 line 61 (databse               mdb)
>                   ^^^^^^^^^^
> is this a typo?
>
> -Dieter
>
> --
> Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
> http://dkluenter.de
> GPG Key ID:DA147B05
> 53°37'09,95"N
> 10°08'02,42"E
>

> --
> This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content,
> and is believed to be clean.
>  Message id: F1E5F600855.A0207
>

> This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by
Communications Privacy Act 18 USCS § 2510, solely for the use of the
intended recipient, and may contain legally privileged material. If you are
not the intended recipient, please return or destroy it immediately. Thank
you.

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck@cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content,
and is believed to be clean.
  Message id: E1655600A4C.AF8C3