Re: separate login/password for several services?

Andrew Findlay <andrew.findlay@skills-1st.co.uk> wrote:
> > mmm ... will not it prevent non-uniqueness only for parent DN-s? while
> > what I'm trying to ask (I'm sorry for muddled up explanation what I mean)
> > about is - uniqueness for the uid *in* the entry ... so, the uniqueness
> > of the attribute `uid' among all DN-s containing authorizedService=target-service
>
> You could do that if you are prepared to have one config line for each
> service. Something like:
>
> overlay unique
> unique_uri ldap:///ou=People,dc=org?uid?sub?(authorizedService=SMTP)
> unique_uri ldap:///ou=People,dc=org?uid?sub?(authorizedService=IMAP)
> unique_uri ldap:///ou=People,dc=org?uid?sub?(authorizedService=POP3)
> unique_uri ldap:///ou=People,dc=org?uid?sub?(authorizedService=XMPP)
> unique_uri ldap:///ou=People,dc=org?uid?sub?(authorizedService=SSH)

this prevents each uid=X,ou=People,dc=org from having more than one
authorizedService=Y offspring ... while the original idea is to let user
A to have for the service B, several uid-s but to prevent other users to
have the same uids for the corresponding service ...

what I mean are multiple attributes uid/userpassword "inside" the
offspring not in the `dn' of the offspring:

dn: authorizedService=xmpp.org,uid=jdoe,ou=People,dc=org
authorizedService: xmpp.org
uid: john
uid: john1
uid: johnN
userPassword: qwerty
userPassword: qwerty1
userPassword: qwertyN
cn: john.doe@xmpp.org
sn: xmpp.org
uidNumber: 12345
gidNumber: 23456
homeDirectory: /nonexistent
loginShell: /sbin/nologin
objectClass: person
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: authorizedServiceObject

and in this case we need to prevent some other user from having
offspring with the same uid ... to prevent for user
uid=johandoe,ou=People,dc=org offspring:

dn: authorizedService=xmpp.org,uid=johandoe,ou=People,dc=org
authorizedService: xmpp.org
uid: johan
uid: johan1
userPassword: qwerty
userPassword: qwerty1
cn: johan.doe@xmpp.org
sn: xmpp.org
uidNumber: 12345
gidNumber: 23456
homeDirectory: /nonexistent
loginShell: /sbin/nologin
objectClass: person
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: authorizedServiceObject

possibility to add another `uid: johnN' which is already used by
dn: authorizedService=xmpp.org,uid=jdoe,ou=People,dc=org

so, what could be the solution, please?

--
Zeus V. Panchenko				jid:zeus@im.ibs.dn.ua
IT Dpt., I.B.S. LLC					  GMT+2 (EET)