Re: contextCSN values and MMR

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 08:41:10 -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>
wrote
> --On Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:38 AM +0200 Michael StrÃder
> <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:
>

> > Still seeing this issue with OpenLDAP 2.4.36 that contextCSN values
> > retrieved via LDAP differ for quite a while.
> >
> > Restarting slapd immediately updates the contextCSN values.
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> Still not seeing this on my servers. :/  So it is not clear to me why you
> do.

This is a really critical issue for this deployment. We want to have correct
contextCSN monitoring but false alarms will make the admins quite unhappy (they
are called at night if a alarm goes red).

Also I suspect that this might be the cause for occasional slapd lockups when
renaming/moving entries in this MMR setup.

Ciao, Michael.