Re: Schema With Multi Part Attribute

I am looking to store whether or not a user's status is active or
inactive for multiple programs. It could be zero, one, or many different
programs and the list of what these programs are called is variable.

I suppose group membership might also work.

Generally what I've done for something like that is create a multi-valued attribute like: myCompanyServices

Then I would add something to a user entry like:

myCompanyServices: fogger
myCompanyServices: joust
myCompanyServices: zork

etc.

I can then easily see what services any user has active. I can also trivially use this attribute to create dynamic groups via the dynlist overlay, so I also get group functionality, which in turn lets me easily see every user who has a particular service active.

Lead Engineer
Zimbra Software, LLC