OpenLdap 2.4.28 accesslogs

Hello,

I have 2 openldap servers running on Ubuntu 12.04. One is the primary and the other is a slave. My problem is that ldap keeps dumping files into that directory log.00000000001 then log.000000002 and so on thus filling up the drive. Is it safe to remove these logs? How do i know which one it is still using. Ideally it would be great for the server to automatically remove the log once it was done using it. I could set up a cronjob to prune it but I don't know how far back it needs to the logs to be.

Any ideas?

Thanks