Re: Attributes rewriting

Forgot to mention I'm using openldap-2.4.31 on debian 7.1.0

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Vitaliy Aleksandrov <vitalik.voip@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, List

I've been trying to find a working example to understand how slapo-rwm, slapd-meta and slapd-relay work for the last 3 days with no success.

I just need to substitute one attribute by another for a single LDAP user.
Lets say I have a posixAccount Object with cn = user1 as shown below.
dn: uid=user1,ou=People,dc=localnet
uid: user1
cn: user1
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount

Also I have two LDAP users (organizationalRole): admin. simpleuser.
I want to configure openldap in a way which allows "simpleuser" to make queries using "(description=user1)" instead of ("cn=user1") to find previously mentioned user object.
The only thing I was able to configure is the suffixmassage, but can't find a way how to add rwm-map to my configuration.

Could somebody point me to the working example.