Re: Fwd: [GENERAL] Using LDAP for PostgreSQL permissions/authentication

Stephan Fabel wrote:
> Found on the Postgres mailing list... seems like some folks like to do
> user provisioning with config management tools rather than LDAP.

Hmm, managing user accounts with Puppet is somewhat strange.

> I don't agree with the guy, but he does point out one issue that I find
> interesting, which is the absense of a "history" of sorts. Are you guys
> thinking of some sort of "snapshotting" / COW feature?

slapo-accesslog exists and makes auditors happy.

http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=slapo-accesslog&sektion=5&apropos=0

http://www.highlandsun.com/hyc/drafts/draft-chu-ldap-logschema-xx.html

When displaying a single entry my web2ldap creates special links in the
context menu for directly searching the change history of the displayed entry.

Ciao, Michael.