Re: SyncRepl Chaining

--On Friday, September 06, 2013 11:52 AM -0500 espeake@oreillyauto.com wrote:

From:	Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>
To:	espeake@oreillyauto.com
Cc:	openldap-technical@openldap.org
Date:	09/06/2013 11:45 AM
Subject:	Re: SyncRepl Chaining

--On Friday, September 06, 2013 11:35 AM -0500 espeake@oreillyauto.com
wrote:

Here is the olcAcces from the slapcat on the database.  Rule {0} should
what it is using but becaus eof it not authenticating rule {2} is being
applied instead.

Did you mean to paste your rules in here and forget? ;)

--Quanah

Yep.  had a hungry child calling me while I was trying to get this out.

olcAccess: {0}to *
    by dn.base="uid=syncrepl,ou=System,dc=oreillyauto,dc=com" read
    by dn.base="uid=readOnlyUser,ou=System,dc=oreillyauto,dc=com" read
    by dn.base="uid=ldapAdmin,ou=System,dc=oreillyauto,dc=com" write
    by dn.base="uid=newUserAdmin,ou=System,dc=oreillyauto,dc=com" write
    by dn.base="uid=passwordAdmin,ou=System,dc=oreillyauto,dc=com" write

As you have no break clause, this is the only ACL that ever applies. Since there is no anonymous read access to userPassword, it is impossible to authenticate as any user. Thus your inability to authenticate any user is entirely caused by your broken ACLs.

Lead Engineer
Zimbra, Inc