RE: ldapadd "ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)"

--On Friday, August 30, 2013 5:21 PM +0000 Clint Petty <cpetty@luthresearch.com> wrote:

I renamed /usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/slapd.conf to
/usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/slapd.conf.example, since I am using
cn=config.

I ran the following slapadd command:
# slapadd -F /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.d -n 0 -l /tmp/ldif
slapadd: line 1: database #0 (cn=config) not configured to hold
"dc=myplace,dc=local"; no database configured for that naming context _
0.88% eta   none elapsed            none spd   1.4 M/s  Closing DB...
#

It appears somewhere in my cn=config directory structure there is an
entry "dc=myplace,dc=local" that should reflect my company.  I searched
for this entry in my /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.d directory structure,
however is not in any of those files.  How can I change this?

Hi Clint,

The complaint here is that the ldif file you are loading is for "dc=mycompany,dc=local", and your slapd configuration is not configured to load such a database. I suggest you examine the LDIF file you are attempting to load to see if it matches what you expect it to contain.

Lead Engineer
Zimbra, Inc