Re: OpenLDAP 2.4.36 available

Nick Milas wrote:
On 21/8/2013 11:48 ÏÎ, ClÃment OUDOT wrote:

LTB project RPMs for OpenLDAP 2.4.36 are available:
http://tools.ltb-project.org/news/40

I also created a yum repository to ease the installation:
http://ltb-project.org/wiki/documentation/openldap-rpm#yum_repository

Thanks Clement for your effort. It surely helps the community!

Thanks to OpenLDAP project for another fine release as well.

A question: If I remember right, upgrading 2.4.34 --> 2.4.35 with mdb
backend, required a rebuild of the db.

It required a rebuild of the dn2id index, accomplished by running slapindex. Not a rebuild of the entire DB.

If upgrading 2.4.35 --> 2.4.36, is there any such requirement?

No.

I assume that upgrading from any version <= 2.4.34 to 2.4.36 with mdb
backend will require a rebuild of the db. Right?

Probably. slapd prints a message to this effect if it is needed.

--
  -- Howard Chu