Re: How to correct delete objects from cn=config?

On 19.08.2013 15:09, Nick Milas wrote:

>> Why?
>
> Directly manipulating cn=config files will result in a CRC Error and
> will render your configuration useless.

Thank you :)

> This issue has been discussed numerous times in this list.

I don't know. From time to time there are comming new members like me.
Do you like that?

> As you were told:

It's to Robert ...

> use slapcat to generate an ldif, modify the ldif
> as desired, and use slapadd to generate a new config.

Yes, I know. But I didn't know why not to use cn=config files.

> This is the only method supported.

OK, I'm going now to read section 5 of the administrator's guide again.

regards
Ingo