Re: How to correct delete objects from cn=config?

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013, Quentin PETEL wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To modify the cn=config DIT you'll have to modify the files under
> /etc/ldap/slapd.d/cn=config where your config is stored.
>
> In your case :
> - delete  /etc/ldap/slapd.d/cn=config/olcDatabase=\{2\}null/
> - modify  /etc/ldap/slapd.d/cn=config/cn=module{0}.ldif  by removing the line
> olcModuleLoad: {1}back_null
>
> You should then be able to restart the slapd daemon.
>
> Reguards,
> Quentin Pétel

Hello Quentin,

do you really mean manually delete using "rm" and/or "vim" in slapd.d???

I know I can do this, I did it first time. But this is not correct way. If you
change the files, then slapd reports incorrect checksum.

I know I can edit this folder content using slapcat to LDIF, then edit, and
then slapadd, but slapd must be offline.

Is there any other official way to remove parts of config online? Or is it
slapcat-edit LDIF-slapadd only solution? At least, I can export config using
slapcat, then edit, then create new config dir using slapadd and test config
using slaptest and then doing stop slapd, rename config dirs and start slapd on
one command line (/etc/init.d/slapd stop; mv cfg.d cfg.d.old ; mv cfg.d.new
cfg.d ; /etc/init.d/slapd start).

Is this the only procedure how to remove config?

Regards,

Robert Wolf.