Re: contextCSN values and MMR

Hi,

On Sat, 10 Aug 2013, Michael StrÃder wrote:

HI!

Are contextCSN values on all replicas really in sync if changes were correctly
replicated?

I've implemented a monitoring check used with normal MMR setup (OpenLDAP
2.4.35, own build on Debian Squeeze) which also checks the contextCSN values
on all replicas compared by server-id.

Sometimes we observe, even in isolated tests, that contextCSN values for a
certain server-id differ for quite a while (up to hours) even though the
changes coming from that server were definitely replicated to all other
replicas. After a while the contextCSN values get suddenly updated.
Unfortunately this does not always happen.

Any hint is highly appreciated.

I have always suspected that this is due to the specific setting of:

       syncprov-checkpoint <ops> <minutes>
              After a write operation has succeeded, write the contextCSN to the underlying database  if  <ops>  write
              operations  or more than <minutes> time have passed since the last checkpoint. Checkpointing is disabled
              by default.

Not sure though.

Greetings
Christian

Ciao, Michael.

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck@cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2