De : openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org] De la part de Gerhardus Geldenhuis
Envoyé : vendredi 15 mars 2013 15:58
À : openldap-technical@openldap.org
Objet : Encryption or hash for password?

Hi

I am using the default Ubuntu 12.10 openldap installation and have inherited an existing ldap setup. When I do a slapcat -n 1

It shows userPassword entries as follows:

userPassword:: e2NyeFB0fSQxJEkwKGc3bGJjJFpwL3JndlpCZDBlSPZuZGdoMFczTC8=

( password string has been edited... )

I am not sure how this is encoded... is there a way to find out? I have tried md5 which is currently the default encoding for our servers.

I have also tried slappasswd with various -h option to see if I can recreate the same hash if it is a hash.

I want to add new users using ldif and would like to encrypt/hash their passwords in a similar fashion if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

--
Gerhardus Geldenhuis

Le papier est un support de communication naturel, renouvelable et recyclable. Si vous devez imprimer ce mail, n’oubliez pas de le recycler.