Re: Unique overlay not working, where is the misconfiguration ? [Debian 7 - 2.4.31]

--On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:26 PM +0200 Michael StrÃder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

Philippe MARASSE wrote:
Le 31/07/2013 09:48, Michael StrÃder a Ãcrit :
I vaguely remember JNDI using the ManageDSAIT control by default.
It seems to be true... I've watched modify queries done by jxplorer :
all of these have ManageDSAIT control enabled. After a little googling,
it seems that

the ManageDSAIT control is related to how JNDI is told to handle
referrals. with Ldap browser, another java tool, ManageDSAIT is not
enabled by default.

Well, it seems JNDI is not really capable of handling referrals / search
continuations.  And using this control is JNDI's work-around to suppress
them.

JNDI should just be avoided.

Lead Engineer
Zimbra, Inc