Re: OpenLDAP (using BDB) stalls adding 65,536th entry

--On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:58 PM -0400 Mark Cooper <markcoop@us.ibm.com> wrote:

Not sure exactly how I am supposed to respond (reply all, or just to
openldap-technical@openldap.org).  So, excuse me if I did it wrong doing
a reply all.

I appreciate all the quick responses.  I've been working on this issue
for a couple of weeks, so it's great to be able to post a question and
get back the answer so rapidly.

I do have some follow-up questions based on the responses:
1) Quanah wrote: "This is indeed a BDB bit."   Not sure I understand what
that means.  Is part of the delay due to BDB?  It does seem like a whole
bunch (maybe 30) log files getting written to file before processing
resumes.

Actually, as I noted in my follow up, it is the OpenLDAP IDL range compression, not BDB. ;)

Lead Engineer
Zimbra, Inc