Re: N-Way Master replication no contextcsn

Hi,

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013, espeake@oreillyauto.com wrote:

The file structure is stored in module definitions and they are then
applied to the server in their proper place via the puppet agent.  The ldap
servers are running and I can write to individual servers.  I an just
having issues with the replication.  The one thing I see is the node
identifier in the CSN, the second to last set of numbers, are all zeros.
The CSN looks like a date actually  Should I take that out of the puppet
file and when I do will it regenerate the CSN ?  Also, is the modify
timestamp some that would be regenerated if I removed them..  The configs I
provided are actually from the puppet server.

Modifying cn=config directly via the files under slapd.d is not supported and is bound to get you into trouble.

It is possible some of your definitions are silently not being parsed.  Your are bypassing any consistency checks by writing directly to cn=config.

You need to:

1. update to a current openldap-2.4.35 build from source or from on of the rpm packages on the net.

2. dump your cn=config using slapcat -n0 and reimport using slapadd -n0 to be sure it is written correctly.

3. update to a current openldap-2.4.35 build from source or from on of the rpm packages on the net.

Greetings
Christian

Thanks,
Eric Speake