Re: lmdb - atomic actions

howard - thank you for the prompt reply and for putting this wonderful library together.

to clarify my understanding, can you elaborate a little on the locking lmdb tx provide cross threads and processes? in particular

1. do they provide a writer lock by default and one needs to flag MDB_TXN_RDONLY when a writer lock is not required?

2. given that mdb_txn_begin is a precursor to most other actions, are these locks "data store"  wide?  is there some other mechanism to lock a key/value pair or cursor so not to delay access to other keys? or is the basic assumption such is unnecessary?

thank again!
tomer