Re: TLS, integrity and root DSE

--On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:08 PM +0200 Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

Hi!

When trying to require integrity for LDAP connections by specifying
"ssf=1" in Security, I have a problem with Perl where the cat bites its
tail:

It's recommended to query the root DSE for TLS extension before trying to
use TLS like this:

my $dse = $ldap->root_dse();

if ($dse->supported_extension(LDAP_EXTENSION_START_TLS)) {
        my $msg = $ldap->start_tls('verify' => 'require',
                                   'capath' => '/etc/ssl/certs');

Personally, I just always try to startTLS regardless. Then you can decide whether or not you wish to continue after that point based on whether or not it succeeds or fails.

--Quanha

Lead Engineer
Zimbra, Inc