Re: cn=config chaining or authzTo Strong(er) authentication required (8)

espeake@oreillyauto.com wrote:

> I am working on setting up a provider/consumer setup for openLDAP version
> 2.4.28.  Everything seems to be working other than referrals.  I can query
> the consumers, I can write directly to the provider.  But I get the
> following when I try to sent a ldapmadify to a consumer and it refers it to
> the provider.
>
> ldapmodify -W -D "uid=ldapadmin,ou=system,dc=example,dc=com" -H
> ldap://tntest-ldap.example.com -c -f /tmp/epseake.ldif
> Enter LDAP Password:
> modifying entry "uid=ESPEAKE,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com"
> ldap_modify: Strong(er) authentication required (8)

I think you're running into the issue described in ITS#7381: With cn=config,
the first olcChainDatabase entry seems to be ignored after a server restart.

Maybe you could try the workaround from a previous thread about this issue:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201305/msg00039.html

Best regards,
Manuel